What is CoShopping?
- when it is difficult for people to go to the seller, eg. during a community quarantine;
- when delivery fee is high;
- when there is volume discount, the price is lower if more is sold in a single order;
- when an item is sold only in bulk, e.g. by a case which contains 20 bottles of wine or beer or pieces of fruits.
What is a CoShop?
A CoShop is like a store that offers one or more products for inclusion in the group-buying (or CoShopping) effort. People who would like to join in the CoShopping of the products offered can place orders to the CoShop.
The person who initiates the CoShopping effort is a CoShop organizer, and he/she is responsible for putting up the virtual CoShop, collecting payment and fulfulling the orders.
A CoShop has at least a single cut-off date for ordering. For each cut-off date, there will be a single delivery date, on which the order will be delivered to all the participants in the CoShop. After the delivery date, the CoShop with the associated cut-off date will be closed. If the CoShop wants to invite shoppers for another round of sale, a new cut-off date with an associated delivery date can be added.
Why CoShop with CoShopNow.com?
- CoShopping enables individuals to shop together to get lower prices for their items.
- CoShopNow.com makes it easy for CoShoppers to place orders in a coshop setting, and for businesses to sell in bulk.
- Each CoShop contains clear information about minimum order requirements, product information, and delivery details.
- CoShopNow organizers (sellers) are given tools to help them manage the group orders, such as order summary and delivery note.
- CoShopNow.com enables CoShop organizers to offer various forms of discounts and promos to boost sales.
Who can be CoShop Organizers?
A CoShop Organizer is a person who runs a CoShop on CoShopNow.com, and is willing to undertake the responsibility to fulfill the orders placed on the CoShop. CoShop organizer will also have to arrange for delivery/pick-up of the items ordered.
A CoShop Organizer can be:
- (A) a business owner who wants to sell in bulk volume and can offer prices that are substantially below retail prices, or
- (B) a person who wants to buy only a small volume of an item that either is sold only in bulk, has high delivery charge, or has a much lower price when sold in bulk; or
- (C) a person who wants to introduce unique or hard-to-find items to his/her friends
If (B) or (C), you are not only a CoShop Organizer, but also a Lead Shopper, as you will also order the item(s) listed in your CoShop, together with the other coshoppers.
If (C), you can choose to show your CoShop only to your friends, by using the Private CoShop feature provided. The CoShop will then not be shown on the home page of CoShopNow.com.
How it works
Choose a CoShop, and a cut-off date
Check its product offering, payment and delivery options, including estimated delivery date.
Put desired products in the cart.
Select payment method and place order.
Provide email address to receive order messages.
Wait for order to be checked by the CoShop Organizer (seller).
If order is accepted, and minimum total order requirement is met before cut-off time, the coShop organizer will arrange for delivery.
If the CoShop Organizer has questions about your order, you will be asked to revise it.
You can cancel your order before the cut-off time.
After log in to coshopnow.com, go to the Organizer Center.
Fill in the form to create a CoShop.
Click 'Go Live' when you are ready to launch the CoShop.
If the CoShop is approved by CoShopNow admin, then it will become visible.
Approval of the coshop may be subject to payment of a fee or meeting certain criteria.